U.S.D.R. MESSAGE BOARD / U.S.D.R. Race talk / Archives / 11-12-2011 / Numbers?

Topie: Numbers?
February 7th, 2011 09:34 PM
leo313 can you request a number for the 2011 season? thanks
February 8th, 2011 03:01 PM
ajetmech Numbers are assigned by USDR and are arranged by class to make it easier to score. If you raced USDR last year then your number is how you ranked in your class. The link still says 2009 but the rule have not changed
http://www.usdesertracing.com/usdr_plate_regs.html

February 16th, 2011 06:38 PM
intmid8tr3 Dave.
the numbers you sent out aren't stickers. or are they? pretty much tore mine up trying to find where they peel apart
February 16th, 2011 06:52 PM
trac dave
Quote:
intmid8tr3 wrote:
Dave.
the numbers you sent out aren't stickers. or are they? pretty much tore mine up trying to find where they peel apart

it is a laminated, printed card. you can tape it on around the edges. you can use them as long as you want, but alot of people get the pre-printed backgrounds now.
February 16th, 2011 07:00 PM
intmid8tr3 thanks dave..that's what i thought..working on real ones...got license and numbers today! see ya in a few weeks!
February 24th, 2011 11:07 PM
d911dirk Hi Dave, we ordered numbers through factory backing for our boys for christmas but we screwed up and got black backrounds. One son is lites novice and the other is open beginner. Can I use the colored bars on the front plate for the scoring? If so, can I get them at the race? If not can you send me some. Thanks
February 25th, 2011 10:53 AM
ajetmech
Quote:
d911dirk wrote:
Hi Dave, we ordered numbers through factory backing for our boys for christmas but we screwed up and got black backrounds. One son is lites novice and the other is open beginner. Can I use the colored bars on the front plate for the scoring? If so, can I get them at the race? If not can you send me some. Thanks


d911dirk I sent you a PM
February 25th, 2011 11:09 AM
trac dave
Quote:
d911dirk wrote:
Hi Dave, we ordered numbers through factory backing for our boys for christmas but we screwed up and got black backrounds. One son is lites novice and the other is open beginner. Can I use the colored bars on the front plate for the scoring? If so, can I get them at the race? If not can you send me some. Thanks

no, as per the rules, black backgrounds are illegal except for the pro class. if you run them....you might get a warning, but this year there may be no warnings, you might get a DQ. the only thing i can think of is that you tape over your plates with one of our numbered cards.....but eventually you are going to have to get new backgrounds. at least for the front.
February 25th, 2011 01:25 PM
CRF30 So it is OK to run other numbers and backrounds on the side plates, regardless of color, as long as you run the assigned USDR number/color bar card mailed to you on the front plate?
February 26th, 2011 12:17 AM
EWC Bummer for d911dirk but It's apparent Dave is trying to be sympathetic to the situation.

Crf30 post is probably correct but the best thing for USDR and it's racers is for everyone involved to help make it a success.

Bottom line is, MAKE YOU NUMBERS AND CLASS BE AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE.


February 26th, 2011 12:19 AM
EWC MAKE YOUR NUMBERS AND CLASS BE AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE.
February 27th, 2011 11:28 PM
SPINDLER801
Quote:
EWC wrote:
MAKE YOUR NUMBERS AND CLASS BE AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE.


do we need to run side plate numbers? and how many transfers do you need from Ammi to Expert? same as district??