U.S.D.R. MESSAGE BOARD / U.S.D.R. Race talk / Archives / 11-12-2011 / rd 1

Topie: rd 1
March 6th, 2011 06:07 PM
luvdesertriding Had a real good time today,i hope the guy that endoed on vet bgr line is okay,that was brutal. Im definitely going to do all the rounds. Had a good race overall but pumped bad on first lap, second lap i loosened up a bit and started to ride and then by lap 3 i was feeling good,wishing for 2 more at the end. I missed a turn not too far from the finish on the last lap and lost a minute or two, but oh well. I definitely need to get a stabilzer post though,had some scary moments. I enjoyed the track,it was fast and fun with just enough rocks on the hills for me haha. c-ya next round!

Thanks to tracdave and USDR for letting me signup on license deal last minute and collect points,appreciate it.
March 6th, 2011 06:11 PM
alamojimmy I had a really good time today. I missed racing USDR this off season. I feel pretty confident that I got that xfer spot I've been looking for. Can't wait for results to find out. I raced with one of my best friends all three laps of race 1. Had an absolute blast passing back and forth with him. We both blew through the turn at the bottom of the hill on lap 2 and that cost us a minute or two each but, I don't think anyone got by either of us. Can't stop smiling from how much fun I had today. Really felt like I was racing for one of the first times. YAY YAY YAY!
March 6th, 2011 07:41 PM
Bartel ya i blew that turn once as well
March 7th, 2011 09:37 AM
ABQ Guy Bartel check your viseo and see if it shows me out cold knocked out about a mile after start..... I hit a bad woop section and I was done.... it made for a long drive home and I just got here at 7:15 this morning, my cousin Eric got a real good picture of it LOL
March 7th, 2011 11:04 AM
Bartel THAT was you????? i saw it when i watched the video last night. so ya i got it. i will compose a video tonight. and i will make sure that part is in there. sorry about your luck man. bummer.

how are you feeling today?

On a good note you kicked my butt off the line cause you were already on the ground when my slow ass came thru. lol.. glad you made it home safe.
March 7th, 2011 11:37 AM
sixpac
Quote:
luvdesertriding wrote:
Had a real good time today,i hope the guy that endoed on vet bgr line is okay,that was brutal. Im definitely going to do all the rounds. Had a good race overall but pumped bad on first lap, second lap i loosened up a bit and started to ride and then by lap 3 i was feeling good,wishing for 2 more at the end. I missed a turn not too far from the finish on the last lap and lost a minute or two, but oh well. I definitely need to get a stabilzer post though,had some scary moments. I enjoyed the track,it was fast and fun with just enough rocks on the hills for me haha. c-ya next round!

Thanks to tracdave and USDR for letting me signup on license deal last minute and collect points,appreciate it.



that was Flyinryan that went over the bars on the start of Vet Beg. he is okay. a couple busted ribs, broken collar bone and ribs got his lung a little. Still here in town at the hospital for observation on his lung. I agree, I can't believe how bad that looked when I rode by. He says he wants to see any videos or photos anyone got of it. I have it on my helmet cam but he was so far ahead of me that you can't see it very clear.
March 7th, 2011 11:38 AM
Bartel i will check my camera as well
March 7th, 2011 11:56 AM
Harper27 i was on Line 5 of Race 1. Was that flyinryan on Line 4 that wadded it up off the start???
March 7th, 2011 12:15 PM
Yamabrother1 I think Onearmed Bandit should have Video. He stopped with me to tend to Ryan.
March 7th, 2011 12:25 PM
sixpac
Quote:
Harper27 wrote:
i was on Line 5 of Race 1. Was that flyinryan on Line 4 that wadded it up off the start???


na, it was line 6. That line 4 crash was farther up the hill than where Ryan went down.
March 7th, 2011 01:01 PM
luvdesertriding
Quote:
sixpac wrote:



that was Flyinryan that went over the bars on the start of Vet Beg. he is okay. a couple busted ribs, broken collar bone and ribs got his lung a little. Still here in town at the hospital for observation on his lung. I agree, I can't believe how bad that looked when I rode by. He says he wants to see any videos or photos anyone got of it. I have it on my helmet cam but he was so far ahead of me that you can't see it very clear.

dang,i wish him a speedy recovery. He was immediately to my left about 5 ft,it was ugly. All i saw was a-holes and elbows and what looked like yellow gear go tumbling.

March 7th, 2011 01:26 PM
michael allen ya the race was fun! a little repetitive and whooped out bhut still fun. i finished with a leaky water pump, and Anthony is fast! i now know what i need to work on to do better.
March 7th, 2011 03:19 PM
Harper27
Quote:
sixpac wrote:


na, it was line 6. That line 4 crash was farther up the hill than where Ryan went down.


Ahh- Thanks sixpac. Whoever it was on Line 4/Race 1 that went down, I figured that he musta had a pretty sweet line picked out that was at least 20 FEET to the right of everyone else. Unfortunatly for him, it must have come up faster than he expected, and it cause him to swap trying to catch it- OUCH!
March 7th, 2011 03:41 PM
flying w Harper ... that's a HUGE avatar,haha
March 7th, 2011 03:47 PM
Harper27
Quote:
flying w wrote:
Harper ... that's a HUGE avatar,haha


Flying w- Thanks for noticing! LOL- I'm scrambling to resize the dang thing! I'm better with my bike than I am with my PC-
March 7th, 2011 03:51 PM
Harper27
Quote:
Harper27 wrote:


Flying w- Thanks for noticing! LOL- I'm scrambling to resize the dang thing! I'm better with my bike than I am with my PC-


There we go, that's a bit better!
March 7th, 2011 05:02 PM
Evangelista139
Quote:
Harper27 wrote:


Ahh- Thanks sixpac. Whoever it was on Line 4/Race 1 that went down, I figured that he musta had a pretty sweet line picked out that was at least 20 FEET to the right of everyone else. Unfortunatly for him, it must have come up faster than he expected, and it cause him to swap trying to catch it- OUCH!


He was lined up right to the left of me. i was the farthest on the right and me and him pretty much went all the way to the green flags haha. out of the corner of my eye i saw a bike fipping and tumbling. pretty crazy but he is all good talked to him after the race.
March 7th, 2011 05:04 PM
Harper27
Quote:
Evangelista139 wrote:


He was lined up right to the left of me. i was the farthest on the right and me and him pretty much went all the way to the green flags haha. out of the corner of my eye i saw a bike fipping and tumbling. pretty crazy but he is all good talked to him after the race.


Were you on the YZ450F?
March 7th, 2011 05:08 PM
Evangelista139
Quote:
Harper27 wrote:


Were you on the YZ450F?


no 250 2 smoke. red gear red helmet i think i was directly in front of you.
March 7th, 2011 07:25 PM
atrain Ya the race was was fun it was really whooped out towards the end of race 2. Was in 4th expert off the start and was able to work past #8 yamaha, Burnett who is always fast, and finally Michael Allen who is really really fast. Had a good battle with him. When are you planning to go riding/racing Michael, I just go out on sundays for the race but we are gonna be camping a couple more times this year.

And a huge thanks to AS Racing for the support, the engine ran strong as always. The suspension worked great to soak up all the chopp be sure to check out CRFers for all the AS Racing talk/racing.

And thanks to CRF's Only for the sweet gear and support this year, check out CRF's Only for the online catalog for all of your dirt bike needs and accessories.
March 7th, 2011 09:24 PM
torgymon
Quote:
ABQ Guy wrote:
Bartel check your viseo and see if it shows me out cold knocked out about a mile after start..... I hit a bad woop section and I was done.... it made for a long drive home and I just got here at 7:15 this morning, my cousin Eric got a real good picture of it LOL


Damn cuz, you had a nice lead! Look at the gap between you and 2nd and 3rd. At least 100 feet!!
Too bad you ended upside down! That's racing!
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/torgymon/P3050231.jpg
March 7th, 2011 10:17 PM
jerdawgca Hey Mark, Jerry here. I did get you on my helmet cam sprawled out like a rag doll. If you give me your email I will try to forward it to you. I told you on the line to take it easy old man. lol
March 7th, 2011 10:45 PM
d911dirk That was my son on line 4, open beg, that went down hard after getting a good lead in the start. He is fine, a little bruised, body and ego. If anyone has any footage please post. He did have a sweet line, but we think it was combination of that little rise and then the sharp woops plus he said he backed off the gas a little. Put it all together and the result was a bent sub frame, bent handlebars and no number plate. He picked himself up and finished.
March 8th, 2011 12:34 AM
Bartel ABQ guy. i just watched my cam. it looks like i drove right by you. sorry man. i remember seeing you on the ground but it happend so fast i was past you before i knew what was up. anyway i am editing the video now and i should have it posted tonight. i threw it together in real quick so i could get it uploaded. hope this makes your trip more worth while. lol. at least you have video proof of thecrash now
March 8th, 2011 09:58 AM
michael allen
Quote:
atrain wrote:
Ya the race was was fun it was really whooped out towards the end of race 2. Was in 4th expert off the start and was able to work past #8 yamaha, Burnett who is always fast, and finally Michael Allen who is really really fast. Had a good battle with him. When are you planning to go riding/racing Michael, I just go out on sundays for the race but we are gonna be camping a couple more times this year.

And a huge thanks to AS Racing for the support, the engine ran strong as always. The suspension worked great to soak up all the chopp be sure to check out CRFers for all the AS Racing talk/racing.

And thanks to CRF's Only for the sweet gear and support this year, check out CRF's Only for the online catalog for all of your dirt bike needs and accessories.


ya we should try and get togeather and ride. you were nowhere to be seen then next thing i knew you were right behind me :p. i tried to stay with you but wore myself out. oh well there is always next time!
March 8th, 2011 11:52 AM
atrain Ya sounds good Michael and I know the rest of the year will have some good races and battles thats forsure.