September 10th, 2008 04:22 PM
|Boston Tea Party Chat is dedicated to self expression and Free Speech in a political environment to the greatest extent allowable. Towards this end there are 5 rules listed on the front page. They are:|
1. No illegal activities or discussion of illegal activities
2. No pornography or links to such
3. Posting users personal information or links to such is not permitted
4. You must be over 18 to use this chat
5. Do not interfere with the integrity of the chatroom.
1. Illegal activities - anything your local police could make a criminal complaint against you for. This include encouraging others to commit illegal acts. Illegal activities should be reported to your local police.
2. Pornography - Although the courts are final determination of what is actually pornographic and what is not, for the purposes of BTP we define it as any pictures whether photographic, digital, drawn or cartoon that show pubic area, depicts sexual activity, is suggestive of sex with children, shows mutilated bodies (whether for good for bad reasons), or depicts sexual violence. Keep in mind that distribution of obscene content in a crime in the 50 states of the USA, and includes obscene drawings and photographs.
3. Posting users personal information - will not be permitted. This includes last names (or clever variations), phone numbers, addresses, etc. It does not include first names as those are often commonly known. It does include no posting pictures of users or their families without their permission. If you think it is their picture, be safe and don't post it, whether they tell you not, to avoid banning. If they tell you it is their picture and to stop you must not post it again or you will be banned. [ /b]
[b]4. We cannot allow those that are under 18 to attend the chat, they will simply be removed.
5. Do not interfere with the integrity of the chatroom by:
-using multiple handles for the PURPOSE of defeating the ignore function
-using a username that is so close to anothers that users are commonly confused
-attempting to turn the place into a sexual pick-up site or sexual harassment (defined as statements requesting or offering sex)
-attempted crashing or spamming of the chat. Offensive "taglines" since they show up constantly can be considered spam on a case by case basis.
-harassing the chatstaff, including the chatroom Administration.
(Edited by btpstaff)
(Edited by btpstaff)